The Key School has officially earned Maryland Green School Certification by the Maryland Association of Environmental & Outdoor Education. This designation comes after a lengthy application process that required an in-depth review of the School's programs and philosophy as well as substantiation of a sustained dedication to environmental initiatives.
Summer at KEY Policies
Registration and Changes:
- Online registration for all programs will close at noon the Friday prior to the start of each camp week. If space is available, registrations can be made after that time through the camp office. There will be a $25 administrative fee added to the cost of the camp.
- A non-refundable $50 deposit is required to secure a space in a camp. The online registration system will change from an “Enrolled” status to a “Registered” status once the deposit is made.
- A $10 fee will be applied to each change made to an existing registration. A Change Request Form must be completed by a parent or guardian to make changes to a camper’s registration.
- Changes can be made to camps after June 1 with the $10 fee, but refunds will not be given if switching to a camp that has a lower price.
- Prior to June 1, withdrawing from a camp completely and not changing to another camp or week will result in the forfeiture of the $50 deposit. After June 1, no payments will be refunded for withdrawal.
- Early registration is encouraged to guarantee space in a camp as many programs fill early. Camps that reach capacity will not be eligible for registration and will move the camper to a wait-list.
- Once a camp fills, the online registration system will put the camper in a “wait-listed” status. No payment is required at this time.
- Should space become available, families will be contacted via email in the order in which they are recorded on the wait-list. Please make sure the primary email in your account is the preferred one to contact. A family will have 24 hours to accept the available space before the next family is contacted.
- The non-refundable $50 deposit will be required at this point to secure the space.
- A deposit of $50 per camp is required to secure registration. Deposits will be applied to the cost of the camp and are non-refundable.
- Balances for all camps are due by June 1 and all payments are non-refundable after June 1. If registering after June 1, full payment is due upon registration.
- Campers will not be allowed to begin a camp if there is a balance due on their account.
- If withdrawing from a camp, payments cannot be forwarded to next year’s summer program.
- Camp fees will not be pro-rated for partial attendance or absence from a camp.
- If your family needs additional time to pay your final balance, please contact the camp office at the time of registration. Payment plans must be established prior to June 1.
Bring a Friend to Camp Discount:
- Returning campers are eligible for a 10% discount for one week of camp if they refer a new camper (not a sibling) and that new camper registers for a week of camp. This offer must be completed before June 1, 2017.
- A new camper is defined as a child who has never attended any Summer at KEY program and is not a sibling of the referring camper.
- Each referring camper is eligible for up to three discounts for three separate camps if they refer three different campers who register for camps. The three discounts must be applied to three different camps. They may not all be applied to the same camp.
- The referring family must fill out the Bring a Friend to Camp form before the new camper registers and pays the non-refundable deposit. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org when the new camper registers.
- Discounts will be applied only after the new camper registers and pays the non-refundable deposit for their camp(s). The discount will be applied to the highest-priced week of camp the referring camper is registered for at that time. Changes cannot be made later if you add additional camps. If the new camper withdraws your discount will be forfeited.
- The discount does not apply to any other charges besides the cost of the camp(s). It does not apply to Extended Care, lunch, etc.
- Discounts cannot be applied to registrations for Filmsters Academy or Musical Theater Summer Camp.
- Key School and Summer at KEY employees that are already eligible for discounts are not allowed to use both discounts.
- All deposits are non-refundable. After June 1, all payments are non-refundable.
- Cancelled Camps – While the majority of Summer at KEY camps reach full capacity, a camp will occasionally not meet the minimum enrollment requirements. In this infrequent event, the camp will be cancelled ten days prior to the start date. Registrants will be notified immediately via email. Any amount paid toward the camp will be refunded or can be applied to a different camp session.
- Summer at KEY is a “nut-free” camp. No foods containing any types of nuts are allowed. Please carefully check the labels on the foods you send in.
- Birthday Celebration Policy - A camper’s birthday is very special, and we understand children love to celebrate with friends. If you would like to celebrate a birthday at camp, please do not send in any type of food to share as a precaution for others who may have food allergies. Instead, consider sending in small tokens for your child to share like pencils, stickers, etc.