Key School seeks a full-time Middle and Upper School Technology Integrator. The role of the Technology Integrator is to support and facilitate the integration of technology throughout both school divisions. This person is responsible for promoting tools, mindsets, and best practices of academic technology to support teaching and learning with an eye toward growth and progress. To that end, the Technology Integrator will collaborate with teachers to create and implement technology infused lessons; this may involve modeling as well as co-teaching. The Technology Integrator will support students in their acquisition of technology skills and will from time to time lead trainings for them. In addition, the Technology Integrator will provide professional development for faculty and offer periodic parent information sessions both in person and virtually.
Additional responsibilities for this role include; running the Middle School Maker Space and Robotics program, the Upper School Robotics Program and teaching a semester elective, offering technology related Middle and Upper School activities such as coding, 3-D printing, and podcasting, and occasional IT troubleshooting.
This role reports to the Middle and Upper School Division Heads and works in collaboration with the Director of Academic Technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience as a classroom teacher (MS/US experience strongly preferred)
- Expertise with educational technology and maker education
- Proven collaborator with a history of working closely with a variety of colleagues
- Forward thinking vision and demonstrated interest in exploring ways technology and making can enhance learning
- Expertise with Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), Google Classroom, Chrome OS and extensions, Chrome Device management and Apple technology (OSX and iOS)
- Expertise with Coding, 3-D printing, and Robotics
- Creative and Innovative Educator: Designing and facilitating engaging learning experiences for students that are grounded in educational best practices
- Effective Communicator: Communicating with empathy and clarity to various audiences (students, faculty and staff, families)
- Team Player: Building relationships and partnering with faculty are essential in this role
- Technological Acumen: Working effectively to leverage technology as a tool for learning
- Flexible and Resilient: Responding to new challenges and emergent needs with a growth mindset and solution oriented approach
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Work
- Plan, co-plan, teach, co-teach technology integrated lessons that support learning across the curriculum in grades 5-12
- Attend regular divisional, grade level, and subject area meetings to provide support and guidance around technology integration
- Collaborate with faculty to plan the integration of STEAM throughout the Middle and Upper Schools with an eye toward integration of the MS Maker Space
- Manage the Middle School Maker Space and oversee the Middle School Robotics Team
- Oversee the Upper School Robotics Team and teach a one semester elective in the Upper School.
- Offer Middle and Upper School activities on technology related topics such as Coding, 3-D printing, and podcasting
- Provide support and training to faculty in the use of software and technology related to teaching and learning
- Support students in the effective use of current and emerging technologies
- Model effective and ethical use of technology - teach or co-teach lessons on digital literacy
- Manage and implement onboarding of new MS/US faculty in the area of technology
- Create and deliver professional development trainings for faculty
- Offer parent educations sessions on technology topics for Middle and Upper School families
- Create learning resources for faculty, students, and families
- Assist in the development, implementation, evaluation and refinement of programs, services and initiatives related to technology integration
With a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, Key is particularly interested in candidates with experience creating and working in an inclusive setting. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Key School is an equal opportunity employer.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to Upper School Division Head Brian Michaels at email@example.com.