Key School is seeking a full-time Teacher’s Assistant to work with children 4 to 5 years of age in the 2020-2021 school year. Qualifications include early childhood education training and experience working with young children in a school setting. Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and names of three professional references to First School Division Head, Becky Fetters at email@example.com
The Pre-Kindergarten Assistant Teacher is an early childhood educator who:
- Understands the age-appropriate expectations as well as the range of development for children age 4 to 5 years old;
- Understands the importance of play for young children and can use play as a way to promote development;
- Actively engages with children in small groups during structured and unstructured classroom time;
- Supervises indoor and outdoor play;
- Attends and participates in specials classes such as library, PE, music, and science.
The Pre-Kindergarten Assistant Teacher is a professional colleague who:
- Supports the efforts of the lead teacher and students;
- Works collaboratively with the lead teacher to manage the classroom environment and execute planned lessons;
- Ably takes on the lead teaching role on occasion;
- Completes classroom administrative tasks such as cutting, laminating, and cleaning;
- Completes 6 CEU credits during the course of each school year;
- Maintains current certification in First Aid and CPR.