Key School is founded upon the conviction that children are innately curious about themselves and the world; they want to learn, they want to discover, and they want to create.
Our mission is to nourish and guide this natural exuberance, energy, and delight in the search for meaning, so that each student embraces lifelong learning and develops into an informed, thoughtful, and constructive member of society.
Our mission is to nourish and guide this natural exuberance, energy, and delight in the search for meaning, so that each student embraces lifelong learning and develops into an informed, thoughtful, and constructive member of society
With these beliefs and objectives in mind, we commit to:
- Provide a dynamic education that demands rigor, intellectual independence, creativity, interdisciplinary thought, and openness to differing perspectives through academic and co-curricular programs that teach students experientially, as active participants in the learning process.
- Guide and support students in their efforts to mature intellectually, socially, and emotionally; to make decisions for themselves and take responsibility for those decisions; to address their individual learning needs; and to broaden and deepen their talents and interests.
- Prepare students with the collaborative and competitive abilities and the communication and thinking skills they need to effectively undertake challenges and assume responsibilities in an interconnected, complex world.
- Cultivate a community in which teaching and learning are lifelong endeavors for all, pursued through reflection, private study, and communal engagement.
- Sustain an ethical school culture that respects the dignity of every human being, recognizes that liberty must be balanced by responsibility and individual action by the needs of others, and stresses to all members of a diverse school community the importance of trust, mutual respect, compassion, and service to others.
Adopted by the Board of Trustees
April 30, 2014