First School Admission
2.5 years - Kindergarten
Key’s First School program actively engages children to explore, discover and question, and produces happy, inquisitive students who are well-prepared for future academic endeavors.
The First School offers:
- A curriculum rich in language, conceptual math, science, and engineering
- Active, play-based learning
- A faculty comprised of engaging, experienced Early Childhood Educators
- Low student-to-faculty ratios at each grade level
- Instruction by specialists in science, language arts, music, art, physical education, Life Skills, MakerSpace, and library science
How to Apply
January 5, 2024
Applications received after the deadline are reviewed on a rolling basis contingent on available space and waitlist depth. We recommend families contact our First School admission counselors to learn more about availability in your student’s grade.
We encourage all families interested in the First School to schedule a private tour of campus with your admission counselor.
Apply for Admission
Submit an application through the Admission Portal. All necessary forms and application checklist items can be accessed through your account.
A $60 application fee will be charged upon submitting the application.
Submit a request (via Finalsite) to your student’s school or caregiver to complete the teacher or caregiver reference.
Once your application has been submitted, we will schedule an in-person small-group observation.
- September 1, 2023 - 2024/2025 applications open online
- October 16, 2023 - Lower School Information Session
- October 24, 2023 - Upper School Fall Information Session
- November 4, 2023 - First & Middle School Open Houses
- January 5, 2024 - 2024/2025 application form due
- January 12, 2024 - Financial aid forms due
- January 19, 2024 - Application files due
- February 15, 2024 - Admission decisions released