Lower School Admission
Our Lower School students cultivate growth mindsets by embracing difficult tasks, overcoming challenges, collaborating, and reflecting on progress.
Key's Lower School offers:
- Small classes and a 5:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Caring, experienced teachers who receive ongoing professional development in neuroscience research and child development
- Instruction by specialists in science, language arts, music, art, physical education, Life Skills, MakerSpace, Spanish, technology, and libraries
- Hands-on projects and games encouraging visual reasoning and problem-solving
Lower School Division Head
How to Apply
January 17, 2023
Applications received after the deadline are reviewed on a rolling basis contingent on available space and waitlist depth. We recommend families contact our Lower School admission counselor to learn more about availability in your student’s grade.
We encourage all families interested in the Lower School to schedule a private tour of campus with your admission counselor.
APPLY FOR ADMISSION
Submit an application through Ravenna Admit, our online application platform. All necessary forms and application checklist items can be accessed through your Ravenna account.
Lower School applicants are required to submit:
- A teacher reference (homeroom teacher)
- School Administrator or Guidance Counselor Evaluation
A $60 application fee will be charged upon submitting the application.
Key will conduct in-house testing for First Grade applicants. Applicants to grades 2, 3 & 4 must complete the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE)
- ISEE School Code: 210013