Author Participation Information
Author participation submissions for the 2024 Festival will open in July 2023.
The Annapolis Book Festival features authors of national scope with books published (or issued in paperback) within the last two years.
The Festival does not accept self-published books. We feature fiction, non-fiction, young adult, and children's book authors.
The Festival is a free community event put on by Key School, a non-profit independent school, and does not provide honoraria for its participants.
Annapolis Book Festival
534 Hillsmere Drive
Annapolis, MD 21403
Parent Programs and Special Events Director email@example.com
Application & Selection Process
Publicists, editors or authors may submit individual author materials. Participants are selected and programs are coordinated by various Annapolis Book Festival program committees. We anticipate that there will be three types of venues in which authors may be invited to participate:
- Solo presentations
- Panel groupings by themes the Festival committees deem appropriate (e.g., mystery, public policy, science, and science fiction)
- Small group workshops or demonstrations (e.g., a cooking demo or a travel writing workshop).
To be considered, authors (publicists or editors) will need to submit the following:
- One copy of the book you would like to feature (see mailing address above)
- Any additional press materials your book has received from the publisher or newspaper/magazine/web coverage (optional)
- An online submission form (coming in July 2023)
Our Authors' Committee convenes to consider all submitted materials. This process takes several months, therefore the earlier materials are submitted, the more exposure they will have to the committee. Questions about participation cannot be answered until the packet is received, the form is submitted, and appropriate time is given for consideration by the committee. We often put together thematic panels with two or three authors and will let you know if your work fits well with other authors that we are considering. We will contact all authors as soon as the Authors' Committee has decided whether or not to feature their books. Again, the process can be protracted.
No materials will be returned.
Questions? Contact Parent Programs and Special Events Director Trish Gallant.