Adjusted Campus/Classroom/Building Protocols
Adjusted Building/Classroom Protocols
- Each building has flow management markers and hygiene posters to encourage 6’ social distancing and remind students and adults alike about healthy hygiene.
- Students will not be able to share materials.
- Students will not be able to bring personal effects from home.
- Access to lockers and cubbies will be limited.
- All classrooms have been transitioned into socially distanced teaching and learning environments, ensuring adequate spacing between desks and workstations. Plexiglass partitions around teaching stations have been added where possible.
- Office spaces also are arranged to ensure adequate social distancing.
- Personal items and fabric/cloth furniture have been removed, to the greatest extent possible, from all classroom, gathering and office spaces to facilitate effective nightly cleaning and disinfecting.
- Ten tents have been added to campus to provide an additional space for teaching and learning, outdoor play and mask breaks.
Podding of Classroom Cohorts
- Students in First and Lower Schools are divided into small cohort pods of approximately 8-13 and pods remain together throughout each day.
- Faculty and staff interactions with the pods are as limited as possible.
- Plexiglass partitions are leveraged when possible for faculty who need to engage with multiple pods.
Limiting Access to Campus
- Only students, faculty and staff are permitted on Key’s campus.
- Visitors and family members are allowed on campus in case of emergency or by advance appointment only at the School’s discretion and must follow established health assessment and campus safety protocols.
Key's leadership team continues to monitor COVID-19 developments and remains in close communication with the Anne Arundel County Department of Health. Key's protocols are guided by CDC, State and County recommendations for schools.