Adjusted Campus/Classroom/Building Protocols
Adjusted Building/Classroom Protocols
- Each building will have flow management markers and hygiene posters to encourage 6’ social distancing and remind students and adults alike about healthy hygiene.
- Students will not be able to share materials.
- Students will not be able to bring personal effects from home.
- Access to lockers and cubbies will be limited.
- All classrooms have been transitioned into socially distanced teaching and learning environments, ensuring adequate spacing between desks and workstations. Plexiglass partitions around teaching stations will be added where possible. Office spaces also will be arranged to ensure adequate social distancing.
- Personal items and fabric/cloth furniture have been removed, to the greatest extent possible, from all classroom, gathering and office spaces to facilitate effective nightly cleaning and disinfecting.
- Six tents have been added to campus to provide an additional 5,334 square feet of space for teaching and learning, outdoor play and mask breaks.
Podding of Classroom Cohorts
- Students will be divided into small cohort pods of approximately 8-13.
- Pods will remain together throughout each day.
- Faculty and staff interactions with the pods will be as limited as possible.
- Plexiglass partitions will be leveraged when possible for faculty who need to engage with multiple pods.
Limiting Access to Campus
- Only students, faculty and staff are permitted on Key’s campus.
- Visitors and family members will be allowed on campus in case of emergency or by advance appointment only at the school’s discretion and must follow established health assessment and campus safety protocols.