Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
Ultraviolet and ionization filtration systems have been added to all HVAC units.
- These systems remove 90% of airborne viruses, bacteria, mold, volatile organic compounds (VOC), and odors, and improve overall air quality.
ActivePure Beyond Guardian Air air purifiers have been added in all classrooms.
- These units pull free oxygen and water molecules in the air through ActivePure's patented honeycomb matrix.
- The technology creates powerful oxidizers, known as ActivePure Molecules, that are then released back into the room, where they seek and destroy DNA and RNA viruses including SARS-CoV-2 (novel coronavirus), Swine Flu (H1N1), Avian Bird Flu (H5N8), Hepatitis A (HAV) and MS2 bacteriophage, regardless of their size, on surfaces and in the air.
- Testing data conducted by an independent FDA-compliant laboratory, MRIGlobal, established a 99.98% surface kill rate of live SARS-CoV-2 virus in just 7 hours.
- They are safe to use in occupied spaces and should run continuously 24/7/365.
Nine housekeeping staff members, an increase from the previous staff of two, oversee typical school-day cleaning.
- Their responsibilities are strictly focused on constant and repeated cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting of high touch spots, high traffic areas and bathrooms throughout campus during the school day.
- Two housekeeping staff members will be assigned specifically to the First School.
Throughout the school day, as class schedules allow, classrooms are sanitized and disinfected when students are out of the classroom for breaks, lunch or recess.
- This work and all housekeeping processes utilize EPA approved disinfectants for the control of the COVID-19 virus.
Night crew housekeeping perform typical cleaning of buildings as well as sanitizing and disinfecting high touch spots, high traffic areas and bathrooms.
All buildings are routinely sanitized and disinfected utilizing an electrostatic sprayer with materials that are EPA registered for the control of COVID-19.