Summer at KEY Policies
Registration and Payments:
- Registration opens February 1. Select the "Register Now" option on the front page of the website to access your Summer at KEY account. Returning families will not need to create new accounts and can contact the camp office for help with login information. Families new to Summer at KEY will need to create an account in order to register for camps.
- Families are encouraged to register early as registrations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis, and programs often reach capacity.
- Non-refundable deposits of $50 for half day camps and $100 for full day camps are required to reserve space in a camp session. The online registration system will change a camper's status from “Enrolled” to “Registered” once a deposit is made.
- Deposits will be applied to the cost of the camp and are non-refundable unless a camp is cancelled by Summer at KEY. Final payments for all camps are due on or before June 1.
- Online registration for all programs will close at noon the Friday before the start of each camp week. Registrations can be made after that time through the camp office if space is available. A $25 administrative fee will be added to the cost of each camp.
- All payments are non-refundable after June 1. If registering after June 1, full payment is due upon registration.
- Campers will not be allowed to begin a camp if there is a balance due on their account.
- If withdrawing from a camp, payments cannot be carried over to next year’s summer program.
- Camp fees will not be pro-rated for partial attendance including absence due to an illness.
- If your family needs additional time to pay, please contact the camp office at the time of registration to discuss payment plan options. Payment plans must be established prior to June 1.
- Camps that reach capacity will not be eligible for registration and will move to a waiting list.
- Once a camp fills, the online registration system will put the camper in a “Wait-listed” status. No payment is required at this time.
- Should space become available, families will be contacted via email in the order in which they are recorded on the waiting list. Families will have 24 hours to accept the spot in the camp and will need to make the appropriate payment required to register.
- Contact the camp office if you would like to register for another camp as a back-up while still remaining on a waiting list.
- Families can switch to a new camp session or week, provided it is available, by completing a Change Request Form. Prior to June 1, a $10 fee will be applied each time changes are made to a registration. After June 1, a $25 fee will be applied each time changes are made to a registration.
- Payments will be transferred to the new camp session or week that is being added. Payments cannot be transferred to an existing camp registration.
- Refunds will not be given if switching to a lower priced camp within two weeks of the camp start date.
- Changes made between certain camps within two weeks of the camp start date may incur a $100 administrative fee.
- Withdrawing from a camp completely and not changing to another camp or week will result in the forfeiture of the non-refundable deposit and after June 1, the full cost of the camp.
- All deposits are non-refundable. After June 1, all payments are non-refundable.
- Refunds will not be given if switching to a lower priced camp and it is less than two weeks from the start date of the camp.
- Refunds will not be given for partial attendance or absence, including illness, from a camp.
- Cancelled Camps – While the majority of Summer at KEY camps reach full capacity, a camp will occasionally not meet the minimum enrollment requirements. In this event, the camp will be cancelled ten days prior to the start date. Registrants will be notified immediately via email. Any amount paid toward the camp will be refunded or can be applied to a different camp session.
- Summer at KEY is a “nut-free” camp. No foods containing any types of nuts are allowed. Please carefully check the labels on the foods you send in.
- Birthday Celebration Policy - A camper’s birthday is very special, and we understand children love to celebrate with friends. If you would like to celebrate a birthday at camp, please do not send in any type of food to share as a precaution for others who may have food allergies. Instead, consider sending in small tokens for your child to share like pencils, stickers, etc.
- In accordance with our nut-free policy, all cooking-themed camps utilize nut-free ingredients. Please understand that these camps incorporate a variety of food groups, and we cannot accommodate other restrictive food issues or allergies. We suggest you contact us before you register to discuss any other food allergies or restrictions that may be of concern.