Summer at KEY Policies
Registration and Payments:
- Click on the box titled "Registration" on the Summer at KEY website to access your Summer at KEY account. Returning families should not create a new account and can contact the camp office for help with login information. Families new to Summer at KEY will need to create an account in order to register for camps.
- When choosing camps, keep in mind that because of COVID-19 restrictions, half-day morning and afternoon camps cannot be combined to create a full-day option. If you would like your child to be at camp for the full day you will need to choose a full-day program.
- Online camp registration for all programs will close at noon the Wednesday before the start of each camp week. Unfortunately, registrations will not be accepted after this time.
- A one-time registration fee of $25 per camper is due with the first registration made for 2021. This fee is to help cover additional costs incurred due to COVID-19 and is not refundable for any reason including but not limited to illness or the closure of a camp.
- A non-refundable deposit of $50 is due for each week camp upon registration and is required to reserve space in a camp session. The online registration system will change a camper's status from "Enrolled" to "Registered" once the deposit is made.
- Deposits will be applied to the total cost of the camp. Final payments for all camps are due on or before June 1.
- All payments are non-refundable after June 1. If registering after June 1, full payment is due upon registration.
- Campers will not be allowed to begin a camp if there is a balance due on their account.
- If withdrawing from a camp, payments cannot be carried over to next year’s summer program.
- Camp fees will not be prorated for partial attendance unless related to COVID-19 (see below).
- If your family needs additional time to pay, please contact the camp office at the time of registration to discuss payment plan options. Payment plans must be established prior to June 1, and deposits are still required to reserve space. You are responsible for payment for all camps registered for by June 1 even if you withdraw from a camp at a later date.
- Camps that reach capacity will not be eligible for registration and will move to a waitlist.
- Once a camp fills, the online registration system will put the camper in a “Waitlisted” status. No payment is required at this time.
- Should space become available, families will be contacted via email in the order in which they are recorded on the waitlist. Families will have 24 hours to accept the spot in the camp and will need to make the appropriate payment required to register.
- It is important to register early due to smaller group sizes this year and, if a camp has filled, be added to the waitlist.
- If a camp has filled, you can register for another camp and contact the camp office to have your name added to the waitlist of the full camp.
- A non-refundable deposit of $50 is due for each week camp upon registration.
- All payments are non-refundable after June 1.
- If Summer at KEY closes due to State or local mandates related to COVID-19, registered families will receive a prorated refund for the days camp is closed.
- If Summer at KEY closes or cancels a camp for a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, families in those groups will receive a prorated refund for the days camp is closed.
- If a camper can't start a session because they are awaiting test results, a refund will be given once results have been shared with the camp nurse and prorated for the camp days missed.
- If a camper or someone in their direct household tests positive for COVID-19 we will cancel your registration and you will receive a prorated refund for the remaining amount.
- The one time $25 registration fee per camper is not refundable for any reason (see above).
- Families can switch to a new camp session or week, provided space is available, by completing a Change Request Form. Online camp registration for all programs will close at noon the Wednesday before the start of each camp week, and no changes can be made after that time.
- Prior to June 1, a $10 fee will be applied each time changes are made to a registration. After June 1, a $25 fee will be applied each time changes are made to a registration.
- Payments can be transferred to a new camp that you are adding but cannot be transferred to an existing camp registration.
- Refunds will not be given if switching to a lower priced camp within two weeks of the camp start date.
- Changes made between certain camps within two weeks of the camp start date may incur up to a $100 change fee. The camp office will contact you if this applies to your request.
- Withdrawing from a camp completely and not changing to another camp or week will result in the forfeiture of the non-refundable deposit and after June 1, the full cost of the camp.
- Summer at KEY is a “nut-restricted” camp. No foods containing any types of nuts are allowed. Please carefully check the labels on the foods you send in.
- Sharing of food between campers is not allowed.
- A camper's birthday is very special, and we understand children love to celebrate with friends. Unfortunately, due to safety protocols, campers will not be permitted to bring in food or any small tokens to share.
- In accordance with our nut-free policy, all cooking themed camps utilize nut-free ingredients. Please understand that these camps incorporate a variety of food groups, and we cannot accommodate other restrictive food issues or allergies. We suggest you contact us before you register to discuss any other food allergies or restrictions that may be of concern.